The car radio has become its own battle ground these days. Well, actually, not the radio itself, or the music, rather the fact that I actually get into the music my kids play. I sing along, dance in my seat, put my "hands up in the air" when the lyrics dictate, hold up my pretend lighter, and shake my groove thang as best I can while wearing a seat belt.
What I've learned:
1. I am a "terrible" singer.
2. I am an "embarrassment" even if no one is around to see me.
3. If I sing or dance to a song I like, the radio station changes almost instantly (after a barrage of insults, of course).
4. If I sing and dance to a song I don't like, the radio station changes almost instantly (after a barrage of insults, of course). Aha! I can now use this against my kiddos. Groovy!
5. If I sing really quietly and move almost imperceptibly, I can totally get away with it.
6. There is one exception to my kids' objections...for some reason Eminem possesses some sort of super power that allows me to full on sing and dance while his music is on the air. This is super groovy...he's totally on my "like" list.